CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Ironman Void

Since I missed tonight's swimming due to preparing for tomorrow's work meeting, I've had some time to ponder. Could my Ironman void this year possibly be filled by doing the most challenging of each discipliine separately?

Like the planned 4.4 mile swim in the Chesapeake Bay with TRIgirls DL and JH?

What if I considered the previously unthought idea of a stand alone marathon in the fall, without the promise of my beloved swim or bike portions (Richmond or other ideas, anyone)?

What if I attempted a double metric century ride with Coach B and TRIgirl CD with a daunting name like "
Mountains of Misery?" and an even more ridiculous looking elevation profile?" (Sorry REB60 and Popsrcr, the Wintergreen thing seems even more crazy.)

This is all hypothetical, of course.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

The lady pictured in your blog was a professor with me at Radford. She has done several Ironman races, too.

Stop thinking - just do it. :)

sq

Unknown said...

Wait, you'd do a 100 miles of something called Mountains of Misery, but wouldn't do a measly 7 miles up Wintergreen?
So what if its steeper, its way shorter!

Anonymous said...

you know you want to do Richmond Marathon with me. I think of it as a tour on foot! Think of how much of the city we will see! (no, i won't take pictures for a change)

Cyndi said...

“Our doubts are traitors and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt”
William Shakespeare

“Make the most of yourself by fanning the tiny, inner sparks of possibility into flames of achievement.”
Golda Meir


Shakespeare and Meir sound like some smart people . . . I'm just saying. .
.
C

Anonymous said...

I think you should go for it!

Nothing like a little peer pressure to get you to sign up for stuff....

Trigirl Shawn said...

How about the yummy aquavelo at the end of September, a 2.4 mile swim, followed by a 112 mile bike, but no silly run at all?

Shawn

Sarah said...

I know a lot of people who did the metric and said they don't hate themselves enough to do the double.

These are people who train on the course (or on worse terrain.)

With that in mind, I totally dare you to do the double :-)

mommy to 2, feels like 4. said...

Do it!!
"what the hell"

Tea said...

Ok you are officially on my invite list for GET YOUR ASS OVER THE PASS--ultra relay.


hmmm--my word verification is: bonnkk

not funny.

Unknown said...

Tea, that is REALLY funny!!!

Grandison said...

This is YOURS, DB. It just screams "Patriot Sangria."

Jonah Holland said...

Since I'm already signed up for the 4.4 mile swim and the Marathon....I'll like the idea. Especially if you switch the bike to the Seagull Century or the like. I'm really thinking your crazy to bike up those mountains!