CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 03, 2008

A Spring Tease

A gorgeous weekend is winding down here in Richmond, Virginia. Both Saturday and Sunday were unseasonably warm, temperatures in the 50s and 60s, with the sun shining strongly.

Which meant two great workouts and a perfect excuse to put in a few extra miles!

Our Saturday bicycling group dwindled down to just
REB60 and me. REB took me on an extended version of what is called the "Ashland Coffee and Tea Breakfast Ride." We headed out through the backroads of Hanover County which, for the most part, were traffic free, smooth and pretty. Only one hill of consequence - a nice long gradual twisting climb that just went on and on and on, but really didn't seem that bad. We both agreed that the ride felt easier compared to last weekend's. REB is laying the groundwork for riding the "Three Sisters." TRIDi and Popsrcr's stories of these killer ladies have me a bit nervous, but if I am going to even consider MoM...which I am not saying I am...

Yes, this is most definitely a good time to change topics.

So, today, I met up with
TRIgirl BL for a long run. I wore shorts and short sleeved shirt - and regretted not breaking out a tank top to catch some rays. It was THAT warm. We were both a little, uhm, dehydrated, from our different previous night's festivities (thank goodness I stayed away from the Hurricanes). We didn't break any records, but felt better and better as the miles ticked by, finishing the distance in a respectable time.

Then it was off to the pool for an easy recovery swim. TRIGirl BL bringing up a good point that today would be a great day to know someone with a heated pool.

And I am dancing in my chair seeing the following weather predictions for the week:



3 comments:

Tea said...

I LOVE the new picture!

Diane said...

Go you! What a stellar workout weekend - with a little fun mixed in from the sound of Sunday's run!!!

Diane said...

P.S. I love the new picture too.