CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, February 28, 2008

The New Lane of Joy

Ironwoman Canada stirred things up a bit at yesterday's Masters class.

First, instead of sequentially placing us in the pool from slowest to fastest, she re-orged the lanes. The Lane of Dread, normally the 3rd lane, was moved to the 5th lane, typically occupied by the second fastest swimmers (who seem to have a completely different workout than a bunch of us). I have no idea where those guys ended up - but it was kind of neat to not feel so obviously "ranked."

Second, she placed more TRIgirls in the Lane of Dread. I think out of the six or seven swimmers - 2/3 were TRIgirls. TRIgirls
Fave and KO have joined me in the Lane of Dread before (and have kindly let me draft off them) - but I was so happy for TRIgirl SQ, who, I believe, completed her first entire Masters in the LoD, with much more grace and speed than my initial attempts.

Thanks to them, the Lane of Dread might need to be renamed - it might need to be called the new Lane of Joy.

We've got a few more TRIgirls who are on the verge of graduating. Soon the Lane of Dread Lane of Joy II, will be the "IT" place to be.



3 comments:

Unknown said...

You are such an encouraging person. Love you!

xo
sq

p.s. I will be drafting off of everyone for a long, long while. Kate O is so patient.

Anonymous said...

I love sharing the Gupfish lane with you girls!

Diane said...

Anywhere you are is THE place to be, baby!