CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 29, 2007

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly – Chapter 1

When I first started this blog, I mentioned there would be times when I’d share the good, the bad and the ugly. The past few days have seen a little of each.

The Good
90 minute bike class on Saturday – Tightened my trainer to almost Coach B’s standards. One and a half hours in aero position. Actually enjoyed the standing drills at levels 9 and 10. After class, Coach B said I did well in the aero. Felt strong.

Five mile easy run on Sunday – Met up with TRIgirls DL, Devil Face, TD, SJG, and LD at my favorite local park for a two loop run, including hills. Was my best time of day to run (late morning) and my preferred weather conditions (cool and dry). Finished up the last mile of run with TRIgirl SJG at a 9:15 pace – and, for once, felt like it was a little push, rather than a major effort, to keep up that stride.

The Bad
Missed the Saturday pre-bike run - Made the choice to stay in bed for an extra hour instead of doing dreaded half mile repeats. Little bit of guilt, but I got over it.

The Ugly
February’s schedule – Received our schedules for February. Runs are gearing up – several 6 and 8 mile brick workouts. Did I read that right – is there a day where we do 6 half mile repeats?

Floor work during this morning’s swim – Knew it couldn’t be good when the other guppies started groaning when Ironwoman Canada laid down mats at the far side of the pool. Boy, were they right. Swim 50 fast, plank pose for a minute, swim 50 fast, “V” kick for a minute, swim 50 fast, wall sit for a minute, swim 50 fast, push ups for a minute – repeat from beginning. And, oh, did I mention, throw in some sculling afterwards for good measure? Could barely lift myself out of the pool after the hour.

2 comments:

Diane said...

Just want to say - your year-to-date totals are IMPRESSIVE. It's all good!

Jonah Holland said...

glad i'm not the only one who missed the early run on Saturday...Too bad I didn't get to make it up on Sunday like you did.