CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Some Pomp and Circumstance, Please!

Yesterday, I arrived at Masters swim class and Ironwoman Canada gave me a “400!” welcome. As I started to put on my cap and goggles, she pointed to the second lane.

I have spent the past two-three months in the first lane (well, actually it is probably the last, but since it is the first when looking from left to right, I consider it lane one). This is the “special lane” – where I’ve been fortunate enough to receive quite a bit of Ironwoman Canada’s individualized instruction to improve my form.

I said, “You want me in THAT lane?” and Ironwoman Canada and a fellow Guppy began teasing me about how I had graduated.

And yes, there are still four or five more lanes, occupied by other Guppy alumni and ex-collegiate swimmers, to aim for future commencements, but for now I’ll proudly add a tassel to my swim cap and give it a good ole flip to the side.

7 comments:

carmen said...

congratulations
hard work equals
deserved rewards

Jonah Holland said...

Congratulations. I'm so proud of you. ...I've heard some other Tgirls wishing for some concrete results....and you have them!

TriBoomer a.k.a. Brian said...

Keep it up and you'll be in lane four in no time. Congrats, guppy lane graduate.

Stay tuned...

Anonymous said...

congrats! that's awesome! keep up the extraordiary work! i'm following in your footsteps!!!

TriGirl 40 said...

Thanks to all for the words of encouragement.

And Mundy - you are pretty darn inspiring yourself. Can't wait to hear more about the biking this year.

Robin said...

Hey, a lane move is a big deal - congrats! You deserve that tassel.

Vickie said...

First time to your blog--from Ellie's. Good post. Sometimes it seems like we are never going to progress, so it sounds like you are doing it!