CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Snow! Snow! Snow!

Or not. Or maybe not yet.

All I know is that after last night's weather report and a few emails back and forth with Coach G, I was looking forward to a run this morning with dainty little flurries drifting by my face. I’ve read other bloggers’ recent postings about a jog through the snow – and thought it sounded so whimsical and lovely.

Instead, I had a later than planned start due to a slightly upset tummy. I did make it to the course, but must have arrived between the TRIgirl groups – because it was me and about 10 other non-TRIgirl folks, braving the elements (aka a cold, but not bitterly so, 7 o’clockish run, with about twenty snowflakes total if I counted the tiny little white droplets that I could see by squinting at the still mostly dark sky).

Less than stable stomach and all, I had a decent run, with a warm up mile at a 10:12 pace, mile two at a 9:43 pace and mile three at a 9:10 pace. I fit in one ½ mile repeat at a 4:13 pace. Considering I missed Tuesday’s run because my body needed a break and yesterday’s workout due to a work commitment that went longer than expected, I felt that I was getting back on track (no pun intended) and was close to meeting my
target paces.

After the run, I went to work, still waiting for the predicted white stuff to start falling. A few hours later, the much anticipated snowflakes began to twinkle down. So much so that I thought the bad weather might interfere with the evening's wine club. So much so that during an email exchange with Coach B – I wrote that I hoped the snow would end in time for Saturday’s workout – and he told me that a trail run in the snow would be great fun. So much so that I was looking forward to getting home to see how Fezzy would react to snow.

Well, as of now, looking outside my window to a completely dry and clear evening, it seems that the weatherman was a bit off. But part of me is still hopeful that maybe it is a timing issue, and I could wake up tomorrow to a big ole blizzard!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That "snowstorm" tease was just plain mean of Mother Nature!
But....like you mentioned to me...let's keep the precipation away from Eagleman and Florida IM..

SQ

TriBoomer a.k.a. Brian said...

It snowed in Dallas last night. I always feel good when the snow comes... and it also feels good when it goes away.

Stay tuned...