CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Bragging Rights

Wow, my nieces can swim - FAST.

They were both in the Senior Short Course Championships held in New York this weekend - and I just shook my head in awe when looking at their results.

B placed first in the 100 yard breaststroke finals with a 1:08:19 time, qualifying for sectionals. And S did so well with her 100 yard freestyle time (55:30) that her coach placed her in the "A" relay - and her team came in 5th place. At the meet, Jenny Thompson made an appearance and swam freestyle and breaststroke - breaking the pool record and inspiring quite a few young swimmers.

The last time I saw the girls swim I think they were about seven or eight. I remember their enthusiasm - and energy - as they raced each other and the rest of the family countless times across the length of their family pool. I really hope that we'll get the chance to attend one of their meets and see firsthand just how much they have grown and matured into amazing swimmers.

I've teased my sister-in-law that we may have future triathletes in the making. And if they ever do decide to take on a triathlon - I want them on my team!

4 comments:

DV said...

wow! awesome times... reading other people's swim times (especially kid times) never fails to humble me...

Anonymous said...

WOW - your nieces can swim!!! What an athletic family you have. :)

SQ

Jonah Holland said...

those times are amazing...HOW old are they?

Anonymous said...

hey trigirl,
good luck on your first ironman! i ran a marathon a few years back and that's pretty much where i draw the line.

btw i'm a software guy in richmond who is working on a new web site catering to bloggers. before launching the site, i'd really like to gather some feedback from some of the bloggers around here, to see which things i should try to improve before the site officially launches. if you'd like to participate, check out my new blog at http://subscribableblog.blogspot.com and i'll help you get started. keep up the good blogging!