CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 05, 2007

Battle Wounds

“What happened!” has been the reaction of several folks who have seen me in a bathing suit the past two days.

Lovely bruises of various colors, shapes and sizes decorate my hips and upper thighs – with very nice symmetry on both sides of my body.

I wish I could say they resulted from an impressive bike crash or from an over zealous pre-Super Bowl game of football. I can’t even blame a fall down the stairs or some other more normal cause.

Instead, this Pollock style body art is due to the hour and a half I spent in my neighbor’s hot tub on Friday night – rotating from side to side in front of a powerful set of jets. What felt wonderful at the time must have been a little too much for me – as I’ve been bruised by a four pound Fezzy walking on my arms to wake me in the morning.

Anyone know of remedies to help bruises heal quickly?

6 comments:

Jonah Holland said...

Arnica Jell is what you need. It is an herbal remedy that i've heard really works from a good friend -- but i've never used it. My friend always jokes that her kids bruise so easily that they'd call CPS (child protetive services) on her if she didn't use it. Of course if you knew her it would be really funny, because she would never ever ever hit her kids. here is a link.
http://www.ivillage.co.uk/health/comp/herb/articles/0,,181042_182011,00.html

Jonah Holland said...

oh, by the way, the article isn't too clear on this..you rub it on the area of skin...don't eat it...I think you can buy it at any drugstore.

Anonymous said...

My mom swears by arnica, too (and she is a nurse practioner)...

SQ

Anonymous said...

As you know we have seen our share of sports injuries in this home! The best thing is an Epsom Salt soak...lay back in the tub and rest and enjoy. Comes in big boxes or bags at Costco...cheap. It draws out the 'stain' of the bruise. It may take more than one bath to see a real difference. If your bru ising is deep enough you might even see the crystals turn a brown black as you drain the tub. Drink plenty of water as it can dehydrate. Mamayogasan Works like a charm.

TriGirl 40 said...

Thanks to all for the great tips. Will try them out!

Robin said...

I use this stuff called "The Rub" which is an Arnica cream and it works really well.
http://www.vitacost.com/NatraBioTheArnicaRubArnicaCream

I also give my daughter homeopathic Arnica Montana because she is always getting bruised and battered by all her crazy antics (we actually joke that we should have named her Arnica Montana). Epsom salts are also a good one.

Hope you're back to your normal color soon!