CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Fezzy vs. the Steps - by Fezzy

I have been a bit annoyed at Mommy recently.

After being gone all day at work and workouts, she finally comes home. She gives me a little bit of attention and then it is time to go upstairs to bed.

She used to scoop me up and kiss me all the way up the stairs. I would try to bite her nose or lick her ears in return.

But lately, she calls Buttercup and me, and says "Upstairs!"

Then she is gone,

WITHOUT ME,

and Buttercup gives me a sideways glance as she follows Mommy.

I do a little tap dance, tilting my head ever so cutely. I bark to remind Mommy that she forgot me. And up until now, Mommy would eventually come down to carry me up the stairs.

Well, today, Mommy isn't coming back down.

I see her peeking around the door and I hear her saying "Come on, Fezzy!"

I am waiting for you to come and get me, I bark at Mommy.

"Come on, Fezzy!"

Mommy seems very far away. I am so little. The stairs are so tall and scary.

But I know how to jump up one step - I've been doing that ever since I was a puppy to get into our playroom with all my toys.

I can even go up four steps. I learned that trick with Daddy on our front stoop.

But, there are many, many steps to get to Mommy. I prop my front legs on the bottom step, but don't know what to do next.

OK, maybe I will try just a little push. Up go my back legs.


Hmmm - let me try that again. Front legs, back legs. I am past the second step!

I suddenly have momentum and am flying up the rest.

Before I know it, I am dancing in front of Mommy.

She scoops me up, gives me kisses - and I lick her ears.

As long as I don't have to go downstairs, I'll be OK. For now, I am tired and ready for bed.

Zzzzzzz.

5 comments:

Loretta said...

I loved the tale of Fezzy going up the steps....what a wonderful smile I will have on my face every time I think of it! He is a TriPup for sure!

Anonymous said...

Can't help but smile while reading about a Fezzy adventure...

~LD

Anonymous said...

This might just be my most favoritest blog post ever... :)

SQ

Robin said...

I can't show my daughter your cute Fezzy photos or she would never stop pestering me to get such a cute pup!

Diane said...

That Fezzy is so adorable! I love it when he guest-blogs for Mommy.