CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, March 09, 2007

Indulgences

In many ways, I am a major tree hugging liberal. I don't mind (too much) paying taxes. I think quality education - whether public, private or home-based - is the key to our future. (As an ex-special education teacher, I cringe when people complain about teacher salaries.) I am a strong proponent of striving to make our environment as good, if not better, for future generations.

Give me a good book and wonderful music and I'll trade you our high definition television (just don't tell my husband).

I love to be surrounded by nature, whether experiencing a gorgeous sunset, an invigorating hike through the mountains - or even a walk through the neighborhood with Fezzy and Buttercup.

Though please make sure there is bathroom with plumbing somewhere within walking distance.

And, boy oh boy, am I a sucker for a good massage or a few hours in a hot tub.

My generous and kind neighbors have just invited me over for some hot tubbing. And my plans to stay home, while the hubby is out of town, to clean my closets, have flown out the window. My only goals now are to resist the temptation to drink too much wine or to stay out past 10:00 since we have a mega workout tomorrow starting at 7:00 am.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like you for SO MANY reasons.
This post is one of them.
G

Diane said...

I'm with G!

TriGirl 40 said...

Thanks G and Di - it means a lot to me to know you both liked this post, which revealed a bit more about me than just my training side.