CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Return to White Lake

The Barricudas and I arrived in White Lake late last night.

There is more to tell about our accommodations, but long story short, all is fine and we have a shorter walk to the lake and race site. We have a lovely porch and boat deck to enjoy the views of cypress trees and sunsets.

We swam for about a half hour today. Just as beautiful as I remembered. Somebody needs to create a 2 to 6 mile swim in this gorgeous body of water.

We drove the bike course. Just as flat (and sometimes boring) as I remembered. It is only one loop and I shouldn't get lost. Somebody should create a century ride on these roads.

I ran for a bit. This is a training race for me, so not much of a taper. Even in the low 70s it was hot. The run was not easy, but better than a few recent attempts. Race day should be even hotter than today - maybe warmer than I remembered. Somebody should create a half IM that starts at 4:00 pm and takes advantage of the shade and breezes of White Lake evenings.

We had a great carb loading meal tonight - of Barricuda BL's pasta, meat sauce and salad. Somebody should open a restaurant around here half as good.
I am content and happy. I may not be ideally ready for this race (this run), but am happy to be here - and looking forward to race day, starting with birds chirping nervously and ending with limbs cooling gratefully...

oh, and some half IM race in between.



4 comments:

margo said...

have an awesome time out there ladies!!!

Annn said...

I think someone should have GREAT race! I know you will!

Robin said...

Ok, so the photos look gorgeous and you look fabulous... and the race report is where???? Hope you had a great time!

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful area. Wish we could have gone both last year and this year, but sometimes things don't work out as planned. Love BL in those cool shades!