CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 02, 2009

Why I May Have to Do IMAZ in 2010

I'm just catching-up after returning home from a week's stay in Arizona for work and pleasure.

I could so live there. At least, this time of year.

My visit has me (almost) convinced that IMAZ should be in my race future because...

  1. The Phoenix area has outdoor pools for swimming. Beautiful, slightly heated outdoor pools. I swam every weekday, feeling the sun on my back and fresh air on my skin. Now Tempe Town Lake is a little murky, but looks like one of the calmest bodies of water in the IM series.
  2. Bike lanes have been incorporated into many major roads. Ah - a bike friendly city! The area is mostly flat - and definitely does not have steep climbs or descents.
  3. Every day during my visit was sunny and dry. A little windy at times. No, and I mean no, humidity. Running took some getting used to as hydration needs were different, but I didn't even realize I was sweating during my runs until I stopped.
  4. I have close friends who live about a half hour away from Tempe and my company has a subsidiary office in Phoenix. Which means I can justify trips easily - wanting to see my friends, getting training time on the IM course - and even having the ability to work remotely if needed.
Plus, I think a cactus themed MDot tattoo would be a cool addition to my ankle.

5 comments:

Denise W said...

I've heard good things about that race and AZ weather...I've also got the Coach Troy virtual ride dvd for Tucson if you'd like to borrow. (Although a little hillier than Tempe?)

Unknown said...

Sounds soooo nice :)

Fave said...

there's always 2009...

Ceeej said...

IMAZ was great! A cactus would look great on your ankle and the water was super-calm (though chilly).

tri-ing races not cases said...

2011???