CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 29, 2009

SuperAnnn Was Right

After cheering on the brave and impressive racers who fought a ridiculous James River current at this year’s I Love the Tavern (congrats to all!), Fave, EFEmme and I took off from the race site to squeeze in a few bike miles.

SuperAnnn had warned us about Southside Sunday drivers.

Robius Road, in particular, was full of angry and aggressive folks – sometimes even on sections that had a bike lane.

Which was a shame, because we flew along parts of that road – in both directions.

It was still a great ride – though if I ever dare to do it again, I may need this:


5 comments:

Fave said...

LOVe that shirt. we definitely needed those shirts yesterday. fortunately there was no foul language (that we could hear of at least).

Unknown said...

I experienced the angry Robious drivers last Friday...not fun!! To quote SanDee J, "Let's never ride here again."

Kate said...

Yeah, I stopped riding Robious a long time ago after having a beer bottle thrown at me and some jackass try and run me off the road. Which is a shame a it was right outside my front door. Be careful, some mean drivers use that road.

Annn said...

I ponder doing this to my back:

http://www.anecdotoff.com/uploads/posts/2009-04/thumbs/1239266389_83503905.jpg

My Dad got hit with a beer bottle on that road in the 80's. Different day--same assholes.

Kate said...

I would so wear that on a bike jersey!!!!!!!