CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

What's Next?

Though I haven’t experienced any of the “blues” that I’ve heard can hit people after finishing an Ironman – coming back to this blog has been a little weird.

The “Journey to Ironman” title didn’t seem right anymore. Nor did my profile. The training details were the workouts that got me to IMFL. All the 2007 races were over.

So I made a few quick changes and will be working on other blog updates over the next few weeks. Maybe it is time to waken my limited creative juices during this off season. Design a custom new banner. Play with a few new sections.

Alas, a new 2008 race schedule is needed. The biggies I am most excited about are White Lake Half (with many TRIgirls), 4.4 Chesapeake Swim (after a nerve wracking few days of waiting for my lottery ticket to win!) – and probably MightyMan (an extra bonus will be if my brother, sister-in-law and their close friend, Mundy, sign-up as a relay (hint, hint)). I am guessing there will be a few other races – like the Monument 10K and possibly the Shady Grove or Sandman Sprints.

There will be no IM listed. I couldn’t bring myself to register for IMFL 2008 before I knew what would happen this year. A few TRIgirls worked hard to convince me IM Brazil should be on my schedule – but May seemed too soon. The biggest temptation was the new November 2008 IMAZ that opened up this week. But, after much thought, it just didn’t seem right – I need to give my family – and my wallet – a break. I’ll most likely be going this year – but it will be as a volunteer.

And IMAZ 2009 is looking really good. The new date fits nicely for training. My parents, who’ve become big IM cheerleaders, said they would go. A close friend is moving to Phoenix in January – so I’ll have the perfect excuse to justify a few visits.

My journey to my first Ironman is complete. And between the energy surge from finishing an IM and the promise of new challenges, I believe a few pretty, flippin' (love that word, TRIgirl CD) amazing, new experiences may lay beyond.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I had been wondering what was next. I mean...top IMFL??? Very cool what you and the others have done. Sounds like you have 2008 almost planned!

Tea said...

Your race schedule sounds just perfect.

I agree with you on the new IMAZ. I considered it too, but I'm thinking 2009.