CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 22, 2007

The Gift Basket

Supperclub - a time to gather with friends, sometimes just once a month, for the past sixish years.

They all have incredibly busy lives, full of kids, furkids, spouses, friends and work.

And tonight these fabulous, strong and amazing women gave me a gift basket full of their wishes for IMFL.

I peeked in to see their detailed research and support - the obscurities of the triathlon world, from tri stickers to cliff shot blocks to triple shot caffeine Gu. The thoughtful band aid blister packages I'll be putting in my special needs bags and the super soft, big, fluffy, fleecy Halloween socks that will comfort my feet after attempting 140 plus miles. The beautiful card depicting a cute blonde jogger (is that me? blush) drawn by the sweet daughter of one of our members.

And, oh yeah, the gift certificate for a massage - and the fabulous bottle of wine - for celebrating (crossing all fingers and toes) after the race. They all know me so well.

Then there is the "Swim, Bike, Run" bracelet I'll be wearing from now till my race ends on November 3rd.

How fortunate am I to have found such friends?

Incredibly lucky - and thankful!

THANK YOU!!!!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

how awesome! gave me goosebumps.

Robin said...

That's awesome. Definitely friends like that are a treasure.

Anonymous said...

Deanna,
That is just plain sweet. I LOVE the cards and picture of you with ponytail flying.
Grandison

Diane said...

So sweet - I love the cards! Just think how great a friend you must be to inspire such a nice gift.

Born To Endure said...

Wow..have a super fantastic time at your Ironman!!!