CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Well That Makes Things Harder

You know, I occasionally wondered about the purpose of assigning an interval to one set of whatever when swimming. I just assumed the goal was to try to finish said whatever set within the posted time.

With the announcement earlier this week that Ironwoman Canada was moving Masters to Thursday, the pool was a little less crowded tonight. It was just Dr. Joe and me sharing a lane. After our warm-up, we had a fast 200 and then a couple of 150s. After trying to draft off him for the 200, I noticed he was watching the clock - when it clicked.

The interval posted for the 200 meant that we were supposed to finish the 200, enjoy any remaining rest time - and start the next set on the interval listed.

Oooooh.

2 comments:

skoshi said...

Oh, that's funny!
Reminds me of myself.
However, I'm so slow that I can't finish within the interval time. So, after several attempts to participate and loads of embarrassment, I've forgone Masters for good (maybe).

Just found and perused your blog.
Your 10K time was great.
A training camp in the wine country would be great. We just did one in AZ.
Barb's race (all women, cancer fundraiser) is a half IM that has a beautiful bike through the vineyards. I used to live in that neck of the woods.
Thanks for the fun reading.

Tea said...

AHHA! I've had something like that DOH! moment myself. So glad I'm not the only one figuring these things out as we go.