CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, April 18, 2008

Two Weeks

It is two weeks (and a few hours) till White Lake.

Buzzing around me, I can sense the charged atmosphere – the apprehension, anxiety and excitement - of some of my team mates.

I can so relate. As crazy as it may sound, I was more nervous for my first ½ IM than I was for IMFL.

Sometimes I think it was because IMFL was incomprehensible – that I just sunk into a “one stroke/pedal turn/step at a time” mode.

Other times I wonder if my nerves were somewhat calmed before Florida because I had an inkling of what to expect from doing two ½ IMs.

A bit of a paradox, eh?

I’d be lying if I said there haven’t been a few twinges of uncertainty as the clock ticks down to White Lake. Didn’t I swim harder, bike further, run more for Eagleman? After a couple of deep breaths – and checking my logs – I am reassured. If anything, I’ve actually trained a little more this time. Barring extreme or unforeseen circumstances, physically, I should be ready. I am…for the most part…calm.

When it comes down to it, I can’t pinpoint why I was so stressed for my first half IM. And I don’t know what, if anything, could have calmed me. Seeing the questions and worries surrounding my totally trained, strong and ready training buddies, I wish I had the right words to quell their fears and doubts – (Check out some great
nuggets of wisdom, though, from TRIgirl CD).

In retrospect, I can say that my Eagleman fears had little to do with the physical – my body was trained.

As it is now – along with those of about thirty other girls ready to turn White Lake pink.


3 comments:

tri-ing races not cases said...

I missed training with you this week! You are totally ready and am exited (okay a twinge of nervous) to head to White Lake!

TriGirl Thea said...

Just a thought....but maybe there is a little more pressure to 'perform' this time around, now that you are no longer a newbie...which brings its own anxieties I suppose. Whether this is coming from others, or is simply a matter of your increasing expectations from yourself, I wouldnt know.

But whatever the cause of your nerves, you know that you have done everything you can to prepare for this event - and I for one believe that you will come through the other side proud of what you have acheived.

TriGirl Thea said...

Oh....and good luck!

:D