CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Future Fly Girl?

Tonight's Masters class was flippin' great.

I love our Lane of Joy II. All the mean boys (well, just one really) have been replaced by nice girls.
TRIgirl JH has joined us. TRIgirl BL was back from her Pirate Anniversary, looking tan and fit. TRIgirl Fave and I took turns drafting off both of them. TRIgirl KO deserted us for another lane and TRIgirl SQ, though spotted in the locker room, was MIA from the LoJ2. We did have another new female swimmer join us - who said we were the best lane - we worked hard, but were the most polite, encouraging and supportive.

Exactly!

Ironwoman Canada's whiteboard for the evening included an interesting mix of drills, speedwork and other strokes.

Which leads me to a reticent announcement...

I think I could like butterfly.

I don't have it quite right yet - and it completely wipes me out.

But there is something about it that I really enjoy.

Back stroke frustrates me. I am constantly getting water in my face and can't seem to figure out where the pull belongs, not to mention I seem to zig zag across the lane like a pinball.

Breast stroke is fine, but I do feel kind of dorky and froggish.

But, as TRIgirl JH pointed out tonight, there are moments when doing fly, you can feel like a dolphin.

I like that analogy.



5 comments:

tri-ing races not cases said...

It was great being back at Masters. Your fly looks great and just like a dolphin!

TriGirl Kate O said...

I'm impressed with you girls, especially the "I don't do the 'fly" fave giving it a try. You all are way out of my league, that's why ironwoman canada put me in a different lane. One in which I will never lead and can't seem to keep up with enough to draft effectively.

Sarah said...

I agree with JH -- when you get into your groove doing fly, it does feel like you're a dolphin.

I think that might be why it's my favorite stroke :-)

Diane said...

OMG look! You're growing gills!

Unknown said...

Wow - the butterfly! You are such a fish. :)

sq