CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Onward and Upward!

Did you notice?

At the foot of my blog.

There is a new counter.

One for Ironman Florida.

Seriously, right now, I'm feeling optimistic about IMFL. Eagleman went better than I hoped. Though I was quite tired after the race, I finished feeling like I had some "reserves" left. The soreness was gone within just a day or so - and after a week and half of modified workouts, I am looking forward to getting back to longer training sessions - like this weekend's 50 mile bike and 3 mile run. Even most of my race photos show a comfortable, happy participant.

Several of my Maramarc friends and training buddies (well, they were always way ahead of me during any workout, so I am not sure I can say we actually "trained" together) are doing Ironman Coeur d'Alene this weekend. My Eagleman high has been extended by an excitement for them - and looking forward to watching their progress online. They will do great and I can't wait to hear all the details.

So for now, I am going to enjoy this great feeling. Before the workouts begin dominating my life and challenge my spirits. Before November 3rd starts looking much closer on my calendar.

Any bets as to when I'll start panicking?

4 comments:

Melissa said...

i lvoe your positive attitude. it's contagious. i knwo you will rock florida!

margo said...

are you riding the tavern course with us this weekend for your 50?? please please please say yes!

Diane said...

No! Pick me!!! (tee hee)

Herself, the GeekGirl said...

Well, if you're anything like me, it will be, oh, November 2nd.