CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, December 30, 2006

Take it Easy – by Buttercup

Finally, it is my turn to post to Mommy’s blog.

My cardinal rule, ever since puppydom, has been to conserve energy. You see, I am a terrier, but not your typical high-strung type-A terrier. Instead, I selectively choose my exertions – for example, when squirrels or groundhogs invade the yard.

I have been trying to teach this principle to both Fezzik and Mommy.

When Mommy takes Fezzik and me for a walk, Fezzik is absolutely inefficient in his energy use. He spends way too much time circumventing around Mommy or bounding from my left to right side, trying to get my attention. I try to teach him proper strolling by ignoring his juvenile pranks, as I hold my head up high and prance about in a dignified fashion in front of Mommy. Never pulling - and only deviating from a noble stance if there is something nasty and irresistible to roll in. As I am nine years his senior, I will give him a little more time to assimilate my philosophy.

Now, Mommy should know better. Today she was supposed to do a four mile run at her easy pace of 11:30 per mile. Instead, she, TriGirl Devil Face and Molly Who? averaged a 10:30 pace for their 4 mile run.

So, I was very relieved to hear Mommy received a “talking to” after today’s run about the value of following rules, especially regarding energy conservation. Coach M emphasized the importance of practicing her easy pace so that when she starts running 15-18 miles, she will not gradually poop out, as she has been known to do during the last few miles of her half marathons.

I will be watching Mommy carefully over her next few workouts. Fezzik, on the other hand, well, I have my ways of keeping him in check.

1 comments:

Robin said...

LOL, I liked reading about your run from your dog's point of view. My pup is too old (at almost 14) to walk to the store with me, let alone go on runs like he used to. Enjoy those fun canine companions!