CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Who Me - A Blogger?

To blog or not to blog. That is the question.

Yet, easier to answer than the challenge that caused me to consider creating a blog – signing up for Ironman Florida. More to come about that in a bit.

But first, why I am going to "blog it."

I’m a fairly private person. The last time I kept a voluntary journal was in elementary school where I recorded thought provoking observations such as what kind of ice cream I had for lunch and whose house I visited to play. And I am not even close to a natural athlete – so what value would my blog offer?

The last three weeks, I’ve scoured the web for information about IMFL. Luckily, the more I searched, the more I found. The blogs, websites and race reports helped in my decision making process, especially the stories, as one racer put it, that were “a view from the back of the pack.”

My goal is to finish the race – and I believe I can. But I’m also pretty sure I’ll be a “back packer.” So this blog is out there for all who are interested in or want to do an Ironman – who think the journey will be as rewarding as the destination – and who I may see on the course as the evening gets darker and the clock ticks down. (And for family, friends and fellow triathletes who will get to hear the good, the bad and the ugly of the next twelve months).

2 comments:

Ellie Hamilton said...

Hi, Trigirl! I just found your comment to my post on this year's IMFL 2006 blog. So THAT's where it went! I thought I posted it on my personal blog, at http://elliesjourneys.blogspot.com

Check out more details there! I did my first IM last year, ChesapeakeMan, and had a much easier time than this year.

TriGirl 40 said...

Hi Ellie,

Thank you for posting - it was so nice to get a comment - especially since I haven't announced the blog yet. I will definitely check out your personal blog and look forward to learning more about your IMs!