CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 14, 2010

Sending Up a White Flag

Guilt, guilt, guilt, guilt.

OK. I am sending up the white flag.

Giving up on things I feel I am supposed to write about vs. those that inspire or interest me.

For example, I haven't posted - in like forever - because I felt obligated to write about the Kinetic race.

Which went fine - I could sum up like this -

Amazingly lucky, fast swim - probably due to the course being off and/or a favorable current. Strong first bike loop.
Nearly knocked off my bike when the winds picked up to 24 miles per hour for the second.
Survived the run and made it as fun as a run could be given low training mileage due to health and stress issues the months before the race.

Not a PR - but a respectable time - right around what I expected.

Just not inspiring. The event really was more a training workout - with my A races planned for the fall.

But, I have since had some wonderful workouts. Aha moment swims and fabulous bike rides. Challenging training camp days that solidified a strong swim and bike base. Mighty fall race registrations (and beach battles) with some of my favorite peeps.

We'll hold off on any run updates for the moment.

So, if anyone is still even checking in - I hope you won't mind -if I just try to go with the flow for awhile.

2 comments:

Ceeej said...

Write what you feel, girl, we'll still read and enjoy! I myself feel that no one wants to hear about golf, so no posts for me. It's hard enough coming up with a FB status.

Annn said...

I love the posts. It is like Christmas every time I get around to reading them!

And in other news I am hiring myself out to write FB statuses. . . .