CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The Same, But Different

I've been remembering and rereading blog posts from IMFL training.

So many workouts were wondrous, groundbreaking events.

The first 2, 2.5 and 3 mile swims. The beautiful Chesdin Classic.

The first 60, 75, 80, 100 mile bike rides. The amazing century Eastern Shore Ride.

The first 15, 18 and 20 mile runs. The gruelling BB&T trail fiasco.

And some freakishly long bricks. The memorable Crackhead Invitational.

The uncertainty, anxiety, soreness - as well as the comedy, thrill and sense of accomplishment.

The mega long workouts are just starting for IMUSA. And this time, there is more familiarity.

Like this past Saturday, I knew the Cap to Cap century would be a long day - but I also knew I'd finish it - while enjoying watching two friends achieve (actually, they rocked) a new distance.

But, I am also quivering a bit in the corner; there are still new challenges.

Like this upcoming weekend, when eight training friends and I will be trekking up to Lake Placid for "Torturefest - and you thought Ironman was hard."

I expect to have my butt kicked big time!

And wouldn't mind a little wonderment thrown in for good measure.

5 comments:

mommy to 2, feels like 4. said...

you amaze me!

tri-ing races not cases said...

I'm relying on your level of familiarity to help me get through all of my unknowns.

Kate said...

New challenges to overcome, you will do great!

Unknown said...

I know you'll find wonderment - that's just how you are. I think the gorgeous village of LP is a source of wonder, quaintness...and in a few months, excitement!

Tea said...

Just today I was thinking about my training last year and how much more confidence I have this year because of it. In some ways it's as simple as "distance perspective". In other ways, it's the emotional growth that takes place. The whole experience is so humbling that you can't be the same person at the end that you at the beginning.