CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Survey Says!!!!

Picture Richard Dawson saying that, with an added "It is a stress fracture" for the number one answer.

And showing this (Big DING) on the survey board:

It could be better - like a diagonal fracture (probably not the accurate medical language).

And it could be worse, like a dislocated fracture.

I am just grateful to know what it is and to have a doctor who will treat it aggressively.

I will be wearing this beautiful boot almost all the time over the next four weeks:


And using a bone growth stimulator twice a day:


And attending PT 2x a week.

I am OK with all of this. To be honest, I think I knew from the moment it happened, but also needed the diagnosis to transcend denial. Right now, I am a little disappointed, but also kind of fascinated by the process. And since I believe positive thoughts generate positive energy - I am going to approach the next few weeks with a healthy and healing attitude.

And will be crossing my fingers, toes and ... metatarsals for a little good luck.

6 comments:

tri-ing races not cases said...

Oh no! I've been thinking about you all day and hoping that it wasn't a stress fracture! Can you still swim and bike all you want?

Coachhrd said...

Seems like a bummer now, but you'll be glad in the long run that you were able to get this treated properly. Good luck!

Annn said...

oh poo.

Unknown said...

Darn it! (I'd use other language, but I'm trying to keep this blog G-rated). Luckily, Lake Placid is still many months away.

You and I can hobble around together! This will not deter us from drinking coffee and wine. :)

Forever Dance said...

I repeat "AAAGH!"

Ceeej said...

Glad you have a diagnosis and early enough in the season to recover in time for most of your goals to be realized. Sorry for the pain though!

At least you have the new gorgeous & fashionable footwear to console yourself with and SusieQ is right - you guys should hang out together and make up stories about the multiple injuries sustained.