CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, April 16, 2007

Moving Into a New Age Group

Today TRIgirl 40 officially moves into the 40-44 age group.

It has been a whirlwind of birthday festivities - already spanning several weeks – starting with fun and fabulous visits from my family. This past weekend, several friends gave me a wonderful party – I am so fortunate to have such generous and terrific friends. They even pulled together a list of 40 great moments we’ve shared over the years. So many memories that made me smile - and laugh out loud. The hubby has also been very sweet and thoughtful – helping with the party and finding lots of ways to make this birthday special.


Reading through the cards, receiving such thoughtful gifts, I know I am the lucky recipient of lots of unconditional love - the people whom I care about and who care about me - accept me - faults and all.

Once in awhile, I’m still taken aback by turning 40. The number can seem…well…big, up there…or yikes – middle age. But, for the most part, I’m comfortable with this milestone birthday. I’m surrounded by caring family and friends. My career path has been diverse and rewarding. I’m healthy. I’m in the best shape I’ve ever been in. Life is good - no, wait - life is awesome.


This birthday celebration may just make the record books for being the longest ever, culminating in Panama City this November. Ironman Florida has been a huge present to myself - between all the equipment purchases and “me” training time demands. And having my husband, family and friends coming to the race is the gift I wanted most this year.

7 comments:

Melissa said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! you are fabuloso!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the new age group! I think we're going to love it. :)

SusieQ

Diane said...

Damn, girl, you make 40 look good!!! For me 40 has been one of the best years of my adult life. I wish the same for you!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, my sweet precious beautiful baby girl! The memories of the day 40 years ago are so vivid. The exact way you looked...forever in my mind...your baby size extraordinary warmth and solid healthfulness. the beautiful expression, the upturned face and the beautiful eyes... I am so blessed to share your growth, wisdom, and beauty and to be there for you always! ...you know who sent this to you today...xo

Robin said...

Ooooh, Happy Birthday!!!!

Yet another thing we share - this birthday week (mine is Thurs)! I am so excited for you on this journey as I had such similar dreams for my 40th last year, starting in April and ending up at IMFL in November.

I wish and hope for your 40th year to be stunning, exciting, wonderful, and happy. It sounds like you've got all the best surrounding you. I will look forward to reading more of your journey toward your birthday Ironman.

Congrats on aging up!

Jonah Holland said...

Happy Birthday! You look great! you are awesome! THis is going to be your year!

TriGirl 40 said...

Thank you for all the wonderful birthday wishes!