CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Kokau is Waiting in Kona

Some of you may have heard (if you've been around me for more than five minutes in the past few months) ...

I AM LEAVING ON SATURDAY FOR HAWAII!

As I posted on Facebook yesterday, this will be my first week long, non-work (well, minimal) and non-race (well, some training) destination vacation in a very long time (since honeymooning in Bermuda many, many years ago?).

I am incredibly excited about this trip for lots of reasons.

  • like watching the wedding re-enactment of the Sponsored Athlete and the Should be Sponsored Wife
  • or staying at the luxurious compound Mrs. Barracuda discovered
  • not to mention the amazing itinerary including zip lining, hikes, luaus, snuba...and....
  • and...and...BIKING parts of the Kona course!

Today, for less than the cost of taking my bike (Patriot Sangria is sulking in the corner) to the Big Island, I rented Kokua, a Cannondale Six ultra road bike. In just a few days, Kokua and I will be joining the Sponsored Couple and the Barracudas on tours through Kona, including sections of the IM World Championship bike route.

[Big smile].

6 comments:

Tea said...

Have a wonderful trip!

Annn said...

Um, you failed to mention how you are sneaking Richard and me into your luggage.

Ceeej said...

Awesome! Snuba is great fun. Try to take a helicopter or small plane ride over the volcano - it was mindblowing.

Unknown said...

I am jealous - have a blast!

TriGirl Kate O said...

Ok, so now I'm officially jealous! Want to trade--you come wine taste and race, and I'll go to Hawaii!

Diane said...

TriDi is sulking in the corner with Patriot Sangria... We'll both miss you! Have fun!