CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 01, 2009

Times Change

When signing up for the Giant Acorn, I figured I'd be psyched for a fall Olympic race after IMUSA - remembering how I felt post IMFL.

Instead, I'm feeling unprepared. IMUSA left me drained vs. charged. Training has taken a backseat to a bunch or work related travel, problems and deadlines. In the midst of which, I decided that the "Big Nut" would need to be about fun. If I woke up and the weather looked bad - or I felt crappy - I'd roll right back over for some more zzzzzs.

As of this morning, the weather forecast included showers for Saturday.

And in my heart - I am just wishing for it to change into an amazing, beautiful fall day.

Because I have a feeling, even if it doesn't...

I won't be able to let myself back out without guilt and disappointment.

1 comments:

Frances M said...

I'm signed up for this race...it is my first Olympic distance. I'm worried about the rain, but I just checked weather.com and it shows no rain in the morning, in fact it says 65F at 10am with 10% chance of rain. I'm hoping it turns out to be a great day. If you decide to go, looking for two trigirls Frances and Susan.