CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Remembering

With today marking the "one week till race day" milestone, I've been immersed in all things Ironman and Placid, from pre-race gatherings to packing preparations.

I've also been trying to remember how it felt before IMFL. How nervous was I? How prepared? How trained?

And while this season has been almost bipolar in serveral ways, I can see some similarities. Which I hope is a good sign - because, other than a few rough spots here and there, IMFL was incredible.

Oddly, the biggest difference may be "the knowing." The week before IMFL I was winging it on faith in the unknown. I'd never done an Ironman nor been in Panama City, let alone seen the race course.

Going into IMUSA, I know I should be able to do the distance. I've experienced the swim and run loops once - and biked most the course four times - if you include last year's pre-registration ride.

Which seems to have resulted in a mixed blessing. Knowing what to expect brings familiarity - the good and the bad.

Maybe, for now, I need to let my mind forget - and my body remember.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Tri girl, the crew from Edison is back again. We're rootin' for you as strong as ever.

Every day is a new experience, with the unexpected and thrill of surprises always around the corner.

With the training you have done it is your body's turn to surprise you, and show you that it knows what to do even if your mind thinks it cannot.

When your mind does not cheer your body on, just think of all the times your body has inspired Aunt Nancy and your mom to stay on the treadmill when they were ready to quit. Where would they be now if it hadn't been for your example?

WOW.....HOW POWERFUL YOUR BODY HAS BEEN....... without your mind knowing it would have that impact on others.....

Of course you can always think of funny stories to get you through -
what was the funniest thing that ever happened to you? your mom? your dad? etc.?

And then there is that feeling of accomplishment at the end to look forward to........

In any event, we will be praying for good weather and an exciting day for you and the family. GOOD LUCK :)**********

Tea said...

YES! Let the mind forget and the body remember. That's what it's all about. Just let the body take over.

I'm so excited for you!