CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 13, 2009

On My Way

Today I am boot free.

No cute shoes yet, but no clomping around, either.

My foot? Dare I say? It feels healed. Stiff and a little “off” – but no pain.

I still have one more week of the Gravity Trainer – which is quite cool. Basically you put on this bike short style wetsuit with a “tube” around the middle that you zip into a big bubble on a treadmill. It fills up with air to displace body weight. I started at 20% of my body weight the first week – and am up to 60%. You can run like the wind when you don’t have to lug around all your weight. I’ve actually been sore afterwards from the faster gait.

Then – the following week, I meet with Dr. Stadler to discuss my “back to running plan.”

It’ll be awhile before I can run fast or far. No Shamrock, no Monument 10 K even (silver lining – I’ll be cheering folks from a balcony on the race course, sipping mimosas and bloodies) – but, with any luck, I’ll be hitting the pavement in a couple of weeks.

5 comments:

Ceeej said...

That's great news. Glad you're following Dr's orders to the letter so there's no repeat. And glad you get to drink during the Mon. Ave 10k

Unknown said...

Yay!!

You could always come work the finish line with me at the 10K :) - although mimosas would be hard to resist!

tri-ing races not cases said...

Yay! I can't wait to have my running partner back. Missed you at pocohontas today.

Diane said...

Most excellent! Cute spring shoes are right around the corner...

Robin said...

That's terrific news! The weight-reduced treadmill sounds fascinating. I'm glad you're on the road to recovery!