CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A Rejuvenation Week

You've heard of recovery weeks during or after training, right?

Well, I've decided to make this a "rejuvenation week."

With many team mates enjoying the afterglow of an inspiring and successful race at Timberman (congrats, all!)

and...

Coach B devising some masterful combination of recovery and taper between Timberman and Ironman Wisconsin

and...

Ironwoman Canada absorbed in all the wondrous activities of being a new mom to her recently arrived 8 lb. 10 oz. baby girl

I am left a bit to my own devices.

The past few weeks have been full of decent, solid training. A workout cut short here or there, but, overall, I have been very good.

So this week is about doing what I want to do when I want to do it.

I wanted to swim with the Guppies on Monday with Guppy JW leading the workout during Ironwoman Canada's maternity leave - even though he followed Ironwoman Canada's instructions to the T and made us do some ridiculous 100 intervals.

I wanted to sleep in this morning (if it wasn't for the 5:00 am wake-up call, I would have wanted to join TRIgirl DL for our Osborne ride) and I wanted to spend time with the furkids this afternoon - thereby inadvertently deciding that I'll either be switching my rest day - or - gasp - having two rest days this week.

I want to bike with TRIDi (and her entourage) tomorrow morning and check out her most recent, favorite course (through my neck of the woods, yay!). We may even need to discuss future Blackbird events.

I want to swim long and easy on Friday morning.

I want to bike with REB60 this Saturday on the RABA Coates route - an overdue reunion after many memorable winter and spring rides. Now if only Popsrcr and TRIDi would join us...

And I think a massage appointment is necessary in there, somewhere...I need to get on that.

(Oh, did you notice? No "I want to run..." plans? Well, I hardly ever WANT to run (though I'll pretend I do to get in a few other workouts this week)).

Next week, it is back to business and religiously following schedules - but for the upcoming four or five days - training is about relishing the joys of challenging swims and bikes with a few of my favorite folks (while the others recover or taper).

And, sigh, trying to hate running a little less.




2 comments:

tri-ing races not cases said...

You've been working so hard. Sounds like a well deserved and fun break! I think you should add wine with TG BL to your week.

Diane said...

So great to see you this morning! Although we didn't have a chance to talk about Blackbirds... we must do that soon!