CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 11, 2008

The Opposite of Tapering

I really, truly have wanted to blog.

It just hasn’t been happening. Even reading other’s blogs has been hard to fit in.

I am not sure why.

Well maybe I do.

Training has definitely kicked up a notch.

And is going well, sometimes surprising well.

I had my fastest 50 mile bike split thanks to trying to keep up with TRIgirl KB this weekend (though I still got dropped a few times while she was going an easy pace).

And a “very slowly getting back on track” run thanks to striving to pace with TRIgirl BL last week.

And a third Blue Ridge ride that makes me think I’ve made peace with a few more (not all) hills thanks to Coach B.

And a bunch of solid swims thanks to Ironwoman Canada - who even moved me into the fast Guppy lane (just for one day) last Monday.

And other great recent workouts with TRIgirls DL, MW and TRIDi. Well, when my flat tires did not plague our outings, anyway.

With the extra training hours, I find the need – the absolute need – to sleep more. Naps and early bedtimes have become very common.

And eat more. I’ve heard about others waking up in the middle of the night starving. Last night, my stomach grumbling totally won over – and I found myself eating cucumber salad (thinking of TRIgirl CD in Lake Placid) at 1:00 in the morning.

So between training, sleeping and eating more – things have been a bit…squeezed.

I think I will go take a nap.

3 comments:

tri-ing races not cases said...

You are doing awesome and just now starting to hit your stride for the season. Promise I'll get back out with you after I rest from Timberman. :)

Kate said...

Sounds like you are going to rock your HIM. And I definitely know what you mean about eating!!!

Robin said...

Sounds like you're right in the thick of the thickest training. Rock on! And best of luck in your upcoming race, just remember to post that race report!