CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Not Triathlon Related...

Walking down Main Street to find some lunch, I see the spectacle that has formed right outside my office building.

The side roads are closed, the usual street cart vendors pushed aside, rows of news cameras line the curb, the protestors and the curious gawk about.

A few dogs are scattered in the crowd. Their people carry signs that reflect the full spectrum of the controversy – from “CON-VICK” to “Innocent Until Proven Guilty.”

I try to avoid the signs with photos, but as I circumvent the crowd, one is right there in my face. I quickly look away before the full impact of the abused dog pictured sinks into my eyes.

A lump settles in my throat.

Yes, Michael Vick is due at the Federal Court building today to face dogfighting charges.

I have not read the indictment; know better than to read it, but have heard enough about it to wonder if even half of it is true, do fines and prison seem like an adequate punishment?

2 comments:

Diane said...

I'm not doing so well with that innocent until proven guilty in this particular case - what an embarassment to my alma mater this guy turned out to be (just like his brother).

Robin said...

I would have to turn my eyes away too, that's so awful!