CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 18, 2007

And Now, We Bring You…The Taper

Almost a year has gone by since sitting at the computer with butterflies in my stomach, waiting for my IMFL registration to go through.

Months have passed – so many incredible experiences and so many lessons learned – which may be good to reflect upon during blog entries over the next two weeks.

But right now, the taper is about ready to begin.

The IMFL athletes guide has been posted. Race numbers should be coming in the next few days.

I’ve ordered my nutrition for Florida – tried and true.

I’ve tested various training clothes to determine the best choices for each stage at IMFL. I’ll be completely changing for each leg of the race – being comfortable and dry will hopefully make up for the extra few minutes of dressing time. Still deciding on the bike vs. tri short option.

I’ve seen signs that indicate that I’m not too far off where I should be physically. Most of the last few workouts these past couple weeks have gone well. I’ve recovered from the super long weekend training sessions to feel pretty good during weekday workouts. I’m wishing there were a few more weeks of crazy distance bikes and runs.

And other than a generalized sense of “something big is on the horizon,” like Christmas when you were a kid, I am not overly anxious or panicking, too much...

Not yet.

10 comments:

Diane said...

You have done the training, you have excellent mental readiness, you have the right attitude... you are going to be awesome out there! What's that quote about preparation meeting opportunity? Have fun!!!

Cyndi said...

Oh my God, you are so ready! I feel like the kid in class who is still trying to get all their books into their backpack on the way in the door!!! AAHHH! 2 weeks and 2 days!! I need to get my crap together. I'm just going to keep repeating "be like DB, be like DB . . ."

TriGirl 40 said...

It is funny - I'll be thinking, be like CD, be like CD!

Let's build off all that good stuff - two weeks and 2 days from now.

Mike said...

... can feel the excitement in your writing .... good luck! :)

Anonymous said...

Enjoy those shorter work outs, you've earned them! I too chant the "be like CD" mantra.
Hugs chicka.

mommy to 2, feels like 4. said...

You are so ready! The question is.. is IMFL ready for this pack of pink?

Unknown said...

I'm going to chant "be like DB and CD."
Love you girls!

sq

Tea said...

I just get so excited every time I check your blog!

Yes...you are definitely ready. Just remember, if you start to feel nervous...I've got the nerves covered for you, so you don't even have to think about them.

TriBoomer a.k.a. Brian said...

Ya know, something big IS on the horizon. I've been following your blog and I'm sure you're going to finish with a big smile.

Stay tuned...

Melissa said...

i have nothing but faith and confidence in all of you. i'll have the corkscrew ready when you get back to richmond. wait - champagne doesn't need a corkscrew!