CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 08, 2010

Latest Gear Purchase

Bike, wetsuit, sneakers?

Guess again.

My latest triathlon purchase is (drum roll please)...

A new car!

A 2010 Honda CR-V - glacier blue - that reminds me of pretty winter skies and crystal clear lakes.

The (almost) 10 year old, 2 door Honda Accord has been sold to our neighbor's 16 year old daughter. It was a great, reliable car - and served as a pretty locker room these last few seasons.

The SUV thing is a big step for me. For years, I would never consider anything other than a sporty coupe. But the CR-V is a small SUV - not a whole lot bigger than the Accord - and gets around the same gas mileage.

I love it! I owe many friends rides to destination workouts and races. I intend to pay them back as soon as the hitch and 4 bike rack is installed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! And you will love your new little crossover SUV....mine rocks. Not that mine's an SUV, tri-gear carrier, or bike rack, but still....that color is just perfect. :-)

Unknown said...

You and SanDee are twins :) I'm sure the pups will love riding around in it, too.

I love my little SUV - they are great cars!

Tea said...

Very Pretty! I had a 20 year old car that died and got a Forester. I love the new suv. Small and holds a ton of gear. I haven't gotten my bike rack yet, but that's next!

Enjoy your new car. It's really pretty!

Tea said...

R.O.U.S? ROFLMAO. I laughed SO hard! Thanks for laugh.