CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, December 12, 2008

Hibernating

Wow, I knew it had been awhile, but I didn't realize almost a month has passed since my last post.

I am not sure if this is a good or bad thing. Like I've found myself waivering on my goal to have no goals for December.

I am hoping this break will be a good thing. I've heard theories of the body and mind needing rest.

To regroup, repair, rejuvinate.

Then agian, I remember, triathlon does not come easy to me. I have to work hard, uh, so very hard, for even the smallest gains.

I remind myself - it is not like I am not training. But 15 hours per week dropped to 10 and is now hovering around the 7-8 hour mark. Where it will probably stay until January.

After some effort, my food consumption is finally rebalancing as well, though not until after a three pound weight gain (that feels more like twenty) that I am trying to graciously accept until my re-committment to training after the holidays.

I also wonder if this reduced exercise thing has played games with my immune system. I've been more sick this month than I've been in a few years.

So, we will see how this little experiment goes.

In the meantime, don't tell anyone, but I am secretly psyched because Sunday includes a great bike with the weekend posse - and a decent distance Christmas light run with the TRIgirls, too.

January - this may be the first year I actually look forward to your arrival.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad you are back and, IMO, planning and looking forward to january can be the way to go during this hectic holiday hysteria.

have a good ride tomorrow and here's to seeing you back here before 1.12.09 :)

Anonymous said...

Hibernating....I prefer ruminating on what I have been doing and can post about. I just put one up myself after a dry period--on almost the same topic. I'm looking forward to the new year as a new "beginning" myself. See ya soon.