CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, September 18, 2008

It Is What It Is

Coach M has uttered these words many times.

And I've thought I understood.

You can't change who you are.

Your abilities.

Your talents.

Your training.

What you've done.

What you haven't done.

Recently these words have been rattling around in my brain.

A month ago, I felt strong - I was having some awesome workouts.

Since then, I've been putting in the hours.

The last few weeks have been a struggle.

Sometimes more mentally than physically.

I've worried about missing some key training - due to work, travel and hurricanes.

I felt stale and cranky in the water yesterday after not swimming for a week.

Not exactly what you want before your taper begins.

Today's bike and run felt better.

Not my strongest.

But stronger.

Am I ready for MightyMan?

I hope so.

Ironwoman Canada says I am.

I trust her.

And also realize.

With a new appreciation.

It is what it is.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Of course you're ready!
Go out there - and enjoy it. You'll be in your homeland. :)

sq

TriGirl Kate O said...

You'll do great, as always! At this point, you are such an awesome biker and you have a great swim base from earlier this summer. Next time you're at WC on a Thurs, let me know!

tri-ing races not cases said...

You are definitely ready. And, if this weather keeps up, as your taper begins you are going to feel fresher and speedy and even more ready.

Kate said...

I can't imagine you not being ready, have a great race and enjoy yourself.

Anonymous said...

delurking because Im sitting here.
procrastinating from work.
wearing a tank top which reads:

IT IS WHAT IT IS.

my husband? has that as a small tattoo'd reminder as well.

YOURE READY.

enjoy it.

Michelle said...

Yes it is. I've noticed a trend in reading tri-bloggers and it's that right before the taper people start getting cranky and tired and start questioning their ability. It seems to build up until the event for some, others get all zen during the taper. I hope you get the zen :)

Unknown said...

Dear God girl. I haven't seen you in ages and even I know you're ready. You'll be great!
Fall riding. Really. Mean it.

:-)

Diane said...

You are soooo ready. You don't give yourself nearly enough credit for the awesome triathlete that you are.

Cyndi said...

Silly, little DB! You always shock me with your self-doubt. You are so athletically talented and are one of the most dedicated people I know. You are more than ready for this race!! Believe that you will kick that course's a$$ -- the rest of us are absolutely sure of it!!

xoxo

C

Anonymous said...

I am not tri-ing and I know you are ready. Everybody gets a little cranky before tapering,so don't sweat it. I have faith in ya!