CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, September 23, 2007

A Too Full Week

Oh boy, it has been a full week since I last posted. To be honest, it feels more like three.

Since last Sunday I've:

  • Spent two days in DC for work
  • Spent two days in Vegas for work
  • Probably worked the equivalent of at least two more days
  • Prepared my part of a panel presentation for next week
  • Celebrated Fezzy's first birthday
  • Acted as host for my bimonthly book club (which included desperately trying to finish the book up until the moment the first guest arrived)
  • Took my bike in for tweaks from last week's bike fitting
  • Had my hair done (to the relief of anyone subjected to my roots the past few weeks)
  • And oh, tried to fit in training for an Ironman - knowing it is critical to get in the intense workouts scheduled

To top it all off, I leave on Tuesday for another work conference in Mobile, Alabama (yes, I know it is hurricane season). So this week is not looking to be much better.

Basically, I've been running around trying to fit in way too many chores, errands and work related tasks. And those are for the ones I've planned, which didn't include a few little surprises, like plane reschedulings and attending a few additional conference events. Too much packed into too little time, leaving me feeling like I am not able to give anything the attention deserved. Since last Sunday, I've squeezed in about 85% of my training. Next week's schedule has been adjusted, too.

I think things will settle down once I get through this week. I'm hoping.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lynn and I missed you on the 18 miler! I hope you were able to have a quiet day today and spend time with the fur-kids relaxing.
Hugs

Anonymous said...

Hello! I have been reading ironman florida blogs and saw that you are coming to Mobile, where I live for a conference. Want to squeeze in some training? I would love to meet a fellow hopeful!

Jonah Holland said...

Hang in there girl, you'll be OK. Hope things get easier for you at work. I have a feeling that your "boss" might understand how important your IM training is! And let you take some comp time to catch up on those workouts.
That sounds like a SWEET offer from Beth! ....and maybe she has an extra bike too!

Tea said...

All I can say is "I know". I'm with you.

I think time management is a huge part of IM training success. Although sometimes it feels more like scrambling than "scheduling".

Melissa said...

jsut remember to breathe - it come sin handy from time to time! i have faith in you that you will not only finish everything you want to, but finish it with flying colors - the work, travelling, and that training stuff, too!

ps - happy birthday fezzy! princess sends a birthday "arf"!

Unknown said...

DB-
You are one busy triathlete - but you have been so conscientious with your training all along, I know you'll be fine & dandy.
Have fun in Mobile-

susieq

margo said...

you are going to get through this - i know how hard it is to balance a demanding job and this stuff (certainly not the volume of training you're tackling though). just think of all the ice cream and cookies at the finish line!

TriGirl 40 said...

Thanks to all for the encouraging words.

Beth - they pack our schedules like crazy, but would love to try to get together with you. Just remember, I am a back of a packer. I'm bringing my running sneakers - and my swim gear!

Anonymous said...

Tri Girl: I'm no speed demon either! My schedule is hectic this week too, but plans are for:
Tues am swim, evening bike
Wed: am run; lunch: spinning
Thurs: am run; lunch swim
Fri: am run; lunch:spinning
I assume your conference is downtown- I live and work downtown. My e-mail is bethanyc222@yahoo.com. At the very least I can send you some good routes for a run if your schedule doesn't mesh with above!

carmen said...

love you girl