CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Recovery Week

My White Lake recovery week included:

  • Big yummy dinners on Saturday and Sunday.
  • A wonderful massage.
  • Over 8 miles of swimming (there is the upcoming 4.4 mile swim on the race calendar).
  • 100+ mile bike ride (we took a few wrong turns) - the Cap to Cap century! Really enjoyed spending time with my riding buddies, TRIgirl CD, her hubby, TRIgirls KG, MW, SD, CM (and her husband) - and TRIgirl SJG and her husband - who rode the whole 103 miles with me. And guest appearances by Coach S at most of the rest stops! No Garmin, no pacing goals - just crusing along for pure fun (other than the 20-30 minutes of cold rain and the 10ish miles of "I just want to be off this bike.").
BTW, I think the Cap to Cap should be a monthly event. What a great route!

4 comments:

TriGirl Kate O said...

Wish I could've been out there w/ you! Sounds like a good time all around. Did Fezzy get his mommy anything special????

Kate said...

It was great ride, we missed the rain. I wondered about you guys.

Unknown said...

8 miles of swimming??? Egads...

Way to go!

sq

Tea said...

Oh that's just sick. SICK.

Is this what is going to happen to me?