CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Was it the Chinese Food?

I don’t often remember my dreams and only a few have related to training. Maybe just one or two I can recall.

The other night, though, I had one of those “can’t do anything right” kind of dreams. The kind that leave you stressed after they are over - and you want to go back to sleep to change what happened.


I'm at the White Lake Half IM (which, in my surreal world, looks oddly like IMFL). I finish a great swim. I run to the transition area, calling for a volunteer because I don’t want to be stuck doing everything by myself like what happened during T1 at IMFL. Someone comes over to help me with my clothes.

I can’t find my socks (and I am looking in my gym bag for some strange reason). I debate going sockless, but worry about blisters forming that would be a problem on the run. So I decide to wear my wet socks from the swim (yeah, that makes sense). I look down and notice I am in yoga workout clothes (things I don’t even own in real life), but figure that will be OK, because I’ll be comfortable. I run to my bike and look down. Ugh, forgot my shoes. Run back to my gym bag, but can’t find them. Look around and notice they are on a shelf further down in the transition area (I’ve often seen wooden shelves in transition areas, haven’t you?). I put my shoes on and run to my bike. I start pedaling and realize my yoga outfit, especially the sweatshirt I am wearing, is making me way too hot. So I turn around on my bike to return to the transition area. I dig out one of my racing sleeveless shirts and put it on instead.

I finally get on my bike – I’m annoyed that my great swim was followed by such a horrible and time consuming T1.

And then I wake-up.

0 comments: