CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Decision Made (For Me)

Due to the extraordinary temptations by several TRIgirls, a few days ago, I started to rethink my decision to skip the Shamrock Half marathon this year. TRIgirl BL said we could pace each other and TRIDi offered me a place to stay. TRIgirls CD, DL, Annnn and TRIJones enticed me with further bribes and promises that made the race sound almost fun. I even threw in a little 9ish mile run with TRIgirl BL this weekend to see how it would feel.

So, I checked my calendar, consulted my training schedule and went to the website to register.

"The Shamrock Half-Marathon Registration is now closed. We have reached our maximum limit."

And, in case the crazy thought crossed anyone's mind, there is no chance I'm signing up for the full. I must stick to my resolution of only doing a full marathon if it is part of an Ironman.

So I'll be cheering all you green and pink racers from afar!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could still come party....
Or if Dr doesn't give me the all clear, you can take my spot.

Cyndi said...

Bummer!!!!!!!! Just come down and hang with us!!!!

C

Annn said...

aaawwww. I got so excited thinking you would do the full. Then I read the end of the post.

But I agree with the others; come down and party with us!

Unknown said...

You can do a full. Comeon, what's a few more miles?

tri-ing races not cases said...

Oh NOOOO! I'm so sad :( Come down anyway....and don't think this gets you out of pacing me in the meantime :)

Diane said...

Fingers crossed that you are able to get in somehow... you are welcome to stay with us either way!