CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Sweet Dreams...

It does seem that the things pressing on our minds end up in our dreams.

I’ve read about other ironman bloggers nocturnal ponderings and wondered how long it would be before I had one of my own. So far, I’ve only had one other fairly silly training dream right around the time Amarone came into my life.

I think I know what sparked mine. TriGirl SDG and I had planned a holiday shopping excursion on Thursday. Before hitting the stores, TriGirl SDG and I met so she could lend me two things – a beautiful shirt for a party I’m going to this weekend – and her wetsuit.

A wetsuit? This fall, I tried wearing a wetsuit for the first time during a sprint triathlon. Suffice it to say, the experience did not go well. I know, I know, never do anything new on race day. At the time, I thought, “swimming is supposedly easier in a wetsuit; you’ll float more and go faster.” But there I was, about five minutes into the race, feeling like I was suffocating and drowning instead. I ended up pulling out of the swim, which I consider my relative strength, and unofficially finishing the rest of the triathlon. Quite humbling.

So TriGirl SDG, who was at the wetsuit disaster, suggested I try her wetsuit – it has a lower neck and shorter arms and sleeves. And I plan on taking her up on her kind offer to do so over the next few weeks.

Thursday night, after recovering from shopping, I crashed into bed. A few hours later, I’m nervously walking into a lake wearing TriGirl SDG’s wetsuit. It seems to allow me to move around more easily and I can breathe – and I am relieved. Though, I’m pulling down the legs as if tugging on my bike shorts. Then, I am in the ocean. TriGirl DL (who lent me the first wetsuit and is an avid scuba diver) is there. We spend some time under the water and then decide we’ll swim for a little while. We go pretty far out – and decide to turn around since there is no one else in the water with us. I am swimming comfortably and confidently.

Really hoping this dream is a premonition! And I am glad that I was wearing the wetsuit in the ocean during the dream, instead of TriGirl SDG's pretty blue bling bling halter top!

0 comments: