CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, July 27, 2007

So Tempting!

I was just paging through the Triathlon Life magazine that arrived the other day and I what did I find?

Mightyman!

A Half-Ironman back "home" and through the beautiful, picturesque Montauk.

Close to family and friends who I could either try to tempt to race with me or who may travel just a couple of hours to be cheerleaders.

Problem 1 - Naylor's Beach is on my calendar for that day. I was actually looking forward to doing Naylor's again - between hoping for some improvements, the new September date and racing with other TRIgirls. I haven't registered yet, so depending on Problems 2 and 3...

Problem 2 - I'm doing the Patriot Half three weeks earlier. Will I have recovered enough? Then again, we are not tapering for the Patriot in preparation for IMFL - so I doubt I'll be resting much after.

Problem 3 - Which race would be better for IMFL training - an Olympic or another half???

Problem 4 - If I do Mightyman, there won't be an Olympic distance race on my calendar. Therefore, no fourth TRIgirl pint glass to add to my collection.

The decision rests in the hands of my coaches - based upon their recommendation of which would be better for IMFL training.

If not this year, Mightyman (and maybe some other LI Event Power races) WILL be on next year's schedule! And you betcha I'll be trying to convince my triathlon friends to join me!

2 comments:

Jonah Holland said...

Sounds like a great race. SO, what does your training schedule look like for that week? I don't think Naylor's is that important for IMFL...Maybe the pint glass can wait until next season? There is nothing like a race back home where you can show all your friends and family what you are talking about and spending all your energy on. No amount of describing can help them understand, but being at a race can!

Diane said...

Dr. Stadler told me about this race recently and I'm considering it for next year - would be a no-brainer with TriGirl company!!!!