CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 23, 2009

Watch Out For Gravel

With the start of "off season," several of my training buddies have been bitten by the mountain biking bug.

I tried mountain bike riding a few years back. Like 10 to put it in perspective. I can't remember where we rode, but I do remember being so proud of myself after rolling over a few small log piles. I also recall thinking it was fun - like a day of hiking - though I hopped off the bike for a few more scary sections of the trail.

Well, my friends are on a whole 'nother level with their excursions. I've heard about the crazy falls and seen the impressive hematomas.

They've been gradually wearing me down, though, with promises of becoming a better bicyclist. When my company sent out the ten year work anniversary "pick your award" email, I noticed there was a mountain bike.

This must be a sign, right?

So I cut and paste the details and forwarded to the mountain bike goddesses.

Who promptly wrote back (kindly not making fun of me in the response)...

"No - that is a cruising mountain bike - meant for nice rides on sidewalks!"

Given I can't even pick out a mountain bike, let alone have the daredevil coordination to stay on the thing - I am thinking this may actually be a sign -

To stay on paved surfaces!


7 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm with you (especially after seeing Shelley's leg - yikes)

Cyndi said...

DB - No one (and really I mean NO. ONE.) can be worse or more uncoordinated than me on a mtn. bike. Come with me!!! I really want to tackle this fear and I'd love your company!!!!

C

Kate said...

Definitely scary stuff to me. I have way too little coordination to even try it!

TriGirl Kate O said...

I like my skin where it is--on my body. I'm so with you!

tri-ing races not cases said...

Nope. It just means that you need to find a different bike :) Its scary but fun at the same time. No worries, it hurts less to fall on logs and dirt than gravel.

Robin said...

yah, I'm way too much of a weenie to mountain bike, though it looks like fun!

SEO Services said...

No one can be worse or more uncoordinated than me on a mtn. bike.
Website SEOSEO Company ClickResponse provides a full range of website SEO, SEO marketing & website marketing services. NJ SEO Firm: Choose our SEO company for effective website promotion.