CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 26, 2007

The Best Thing Since...

A few weeks ago, I was sitting with the Guppies and Ironwoman Canada during a post-work out Einstein bagel breakfast. We were talking about (surprise) triathlons, races, race equipment, etc. At one point I said, "They should have an aero water bottle with two compartments - one for water and one for sports drinks." Ironwoman Canada said "They do." And Coach B said "I saw them at Eagleman."

So, a couple days later, I googled around to see if I could find such a wonderous contraption. Lo and behold, these two compartment bottles exist. So while my million dollar idea was already taken - and though the price seemed a little steep for a water bottle, I figured it would be worth it to double my readily available liquid - and free up my bottle rack (the sip away system uses the bottle in the bottle rack). Thereby, tripling the fluid I can carry.

Most of the reviews were positive - so I placed my order for the "Revolution Hydration System:"

http://www.podiumquest.com/drinksystem.php

After using it for three bike rides, including this Saturday's wonderful ride with TriDi, TRIgirl Patty and honorary TRIboys Richard and Kermitt (totally requiring major hydration given the ridiculous heat and humidity), I give the Revolution Hydration System a big thumbs up. Fairly simple to mount and remove. Excellent access to two types of fluids. Easy to refill during a ride. Minimal spillage.

Now, why didn't I think of that - like three years ago?

4 comments:

Diane said...

I loved riding with you on Sat! Let's do it again!

Unknown said...

DB-
That will keep you very hydrated in Florida!
Great to see you today-

sq

Tea said...

I have that bottle, and I LOVE IT!

Adam said...

i just bought this water bottle! do you use it for races?

thanks for the review!