CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

A Blustery Day

With temperatures around 70 yesterday, I was itching to be outside - and played hookey from indoor bicycling to ride at West Creek.

The ride started off beautifully.

And then the lions of March started roaring.

I hit a few parts of the course where the wind either slowed me down or propeled me along. Which made for an interesting workout.

But, I should have paid attention to the warnings - like the leaves that were suddenly swirling about in mini tornado fashion.

Because when I soon thereafter hit a section of road with no buildings or trees to act as buffers, I found myself struggling to keep control of the bike. I was literally being pushed across the road by the strong gusts.

After about 15 miles, I'd had enough and decided to fit in a short run instead of completing a longer bicycle ride.

I guess it may have been good practice for Eagleman and IMFL - which I hear can be windy.

2 comments:

Diane said...

Makes me think of Winnie the Pooh and the Very Blustery Day...

(nothing intelligent to say so I'll just stop now!!!)

Robin said...

I was thinking of Winnie the Pooh too, and those great scenes of the leaves swirling by.

My mantra when I get frustrated with our region's trademark Omnipresent Headwind is "The wind is making me stronger".

Glad you had a good run instead, that sounds scary!